The HappySignals Service Experience (previously Employee Experience) application has been available in ServiceNow Store for a while. Upgrading will require a little bit of work but will benefit you in the long run.
Benefits of upgrading
Other notable changes with the new version
How to upgrade
- Contact our support (email@example.com) and tell us you would like to upgrade to the ServiceNow Store version
- Make a request to the Service Experience application in ServiceNow Store
- Once we approve your request you need to finalise the "purchase" and make the application available to your ServiceNow instances.
- Now you can follow our installation guide for the Service Experience application. Though there are a few things to note before moving the installation to your production environment.
- You should deactivate the new pull-integration when initially moving to production. The deactivation is necessary because when the integration is active it will start making periodic calls to the HappySignals API and if you have a lot of existing feedbacks this might cause slowness in your ServiceNow or failures in the retrieval.
- You can deactivate the integration by navigating to the "Integration Job" in the HappySignals Service Experience application module. There you need to make sure the "Active" checkbox is unchecked and save the changes if needed.
- Once you have everything else set up in your production environment then it is time to run the integration once manually. Before you do the manual run please consider the following:
- You should execute this operation outside of business hours or during otherwise non-critical hours as it might cause slowness in your ServiceNow.
- We suggest that you limit the timespan of the fetched feedbacks for example to the latest 6 months or a year. You can do this by creating a dummy feedback record to the HappySignals feedback table and inserting a UNIX timestamp in microsecond format to the "Timestamp" field. Now when the integration is executed manually for the first time, it will fetch only the feedbacks that have been generated after the time specified by the timestamp.
To generate a UNIX timestamp you can use https://timestampgenerator.com, but you need to convert the generated timestamp to microsecond format by adding six (6) zeros at the end. Eg. 1577836801 + 000000 = 1577836801000000
Go-live checklist for upgrade clients
|Install the application to production.|
|Commit Scoped update set(s) containing data mapping and other configurations.|
|Set HappySignals “Integration Job” to inactive.|
|Set environment-specific details (End-point URL, Shared secret, API-key) for the application under “General Properties”.|
|Create “Data preservers” for the environment-specific system properties so they are not overwritten in development and test environments during production clone.|
|[optional] Set work note insertion off under “General Properties”.|
|Create a placeholder feedback record to the “HappySignals Feedbacks” table with a “timestamp” set as a starting point for fetching existing feedback to the environment.|
|Run HappySignals “Integration Job” manually with “Execute Now” and let it complete.**|
|[optional] Set worknote insertion on under “General Properties”.|
|Set the HappySignals “Integration Job” to active.|
|Commit Global update set(s) containing changes to email notifications.|
If possible, do a production test:
How to get the new widgets into use
- For personal homepages, users need to either create a new homepage for the updated widgets or replace the old widgets in their existing homepages. Please follow ServiceNow guides for customising homepage contents.
- For shared homepages, the homepage administrators can replace the old widgets with the new ones within a shared homepage. Please follow ServiceNow guides for homepage administration.
- For personal dashboards, the users need to either create a new dashboard for the updated widgets or replace the old widgets in their existing dashboard. Please follow ServiceNow guides for creating and using Dashboards.
- For shared dashboards, the users with edit-rights can modify the existing dashboard content to replace the old widgets with the new ones. Please follow the ServiceNow guides for dashboard administration and creating and using dashboards.
Our support is available for you throughout the upgrade process. If you encounter issues or have questions related to the upgrade don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org